It is software that has been specifically designed to cause damage to your system or device and gain unauthorized access into it. After gaining access it may take the form of executable codes, scripts, active content or any other software and may make changes in your system without your permission or knowledge.
What is Malware?
Some common types of malware:
- Virus: As the name suggests, a virus attaches itself to a clean file and infects other files. Because it appears as an executable file like a song or a game, it is hard to detect. The moment you play it, the virus starts spreading uncontrollably, deleting or corrupting important files.
- Trojan: Disguised as a legitimate file, a Trojan creates backdoors in your security to let other malwares in.
- Botnet: Network of infected systems working towards a common corrupt goal under the control of a criminal mind.
- Worms: These infect entire network of devices that are somehow connected to an infected system by using network interfaces.
- Ransomware: A malware that locks down your system and debars your access into it until a ransom is paid.
These are only a few.
Why should you be worried?
- Malware can help a criminal mind to get hold of your personal data in your system which might further be used or disclosed in the most unwanted ways.
- Can be used by terrorists to gain access to confidential government information regarding the country’s safety.
- An ill-willed person in knowledge and control of your bank statements, photographs, and personal texts is always in a position to demand unjustified benefits from you.
How can you protect yourself?
While moving ahead with leaps and bounds towards artificial intelligence and internet of things, along with ever increasing socialization, we cannot maintain our distance from technology. But we can learn to protect ourselves by protecting our PC, Mac and Android devices.
Since malware come under camouflage, what you need is something that can detect, nullify and remove them. Malwarebytes anti-malware software does this job for you.
Why Malwarebytes is better than others?
Malwarebytes is smarter. While traditional antivirus rely on obsolete signature-based technology that addresses threats when attack-chain is at the execution stage, Malwarebytes applies several proprietary technologies that work to break the attack chain, from pre-delivery to post-execution.
Our platform provides the following real-time protection layers:
- Web Protection:
It prevents access to scammer or ad networks and websites that are malicious.
- Application Hardening:
Reduces vulnerability exploit-points, blocks attempts of abusing them and detects fingerprinting attempts used by advanced attackers.
- Application Behavior Protection:
Prevents applications from being leveraged into infecting the endpoint
- Anomaly Detection:
Proactively detects malwares
- Payload Analysis and Behavior Monitoring:
Identifies entire families of already known malware and detects and blocks ransomware via behavior monitoring technology
How to get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software?
Click the “Sign up now” button below!
[woocommerce_one_page_checkout template=”product-single” product_ids=”5817″]